- This event has passed.
SIAL Middle East 2018
December 10, 2018 - December 12, 2018
Defining Innovation in the
Food, Beverage & Hospitality Industry
The 8th edition of SIAL Middle East will continue its staggering pace of growth, establishing it as the fastest-growing food, beverage and hospitality event in the MENA region.
With yet another successful event in 2018, attracting over 950 exhibitors, 30+ national pavilions and 16,562 trade attendees, SIAL Middle East continues to be the platform for food, beverage and hospitality companies to make their mark in this region.
Into a dynamic sector and market
- GDP per capita in the UAE is expected to reach US$ 69,000 by 2020 which is equivalent to the US and more than the UK and Japan.
- The UAE & Saudi Arabia are expected to attract 52 million tourists by 2020. The UAE is a major Catering and Hospitality market, including the airline sector where Emirates and Etihad serve more than 160,000 passengers per day.
- Estimated total population of the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) is 50 million with 80% of population residing in Saudi Arabia and UAE.
- Food consumption in the GCC region will likely reach 51.9 million metric tons by 2019. The UAE food market is set to reach US$ 13.2 billion by 2018.
- Food consumption in the GCC is expected to hit US$ 106 billion in 2018.
- Airline sector in the UAE is growing exponentially and is expected to contribute US $ 53 billion by 2020. The region is also home to 3 of the top 10 airlines in the world (Emirates Airlines, Etihad Airways and Qatar Airways).
Benefit from an inspiring business hub
- A platform to meet quality food, beverage and hospitality buyers in a trade business friendly environment.
- Hosted Buyer Programme with 500 fully hosted top buyers from the Middle East, India Subcontinent & Africa.
- 10 features and events with special focus on food service, travel catering, food trends and knowledge sharing.
- More than 1 out of 3** exhibitors witnessed more than 6 months of turnover from their participation at SIAL Middle East in 2017.