South of Istanbul across the Sea of Marmara is where you will find Bursa, the first Ottoman capital city. Today, Bursa is known for its thermal baths, ancient mosques, bazaars and is also one of Turkey’s major ski resorts. Yalova is a port city famous for invigorating thermal baths, quaint villages and enticing beaches. Known in ancient times as Helenapolis because Emperor Constantine’s mother Helena designed the city Yalova’s attractions include the Sudusen Waterfall, Panorama Hill and the Burhaniye picnic area.
To Do List:
- Sink into a Roman thermal bath at Cekirge
- Enjoy a Karagoz shadow puppet show
- See the stunning Ataturk Mansion
- Visit the Green Mosque and the imperial tomb
- Escape in a cable car to the serenity of Uludag Mountains